Hardware Repair via Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA)
Repairs for products under a Net Optics Warranty are provided free of charge (subject to terms of warranty). For Net Optics products where warranty coverage has expired, our Technical Assurance Center (TAC) team provides complimentary technical support to assist you with diagnostic efforts, and charges for shipping, labor, and parts.
Obtaining an RMA
Requests for return authorization should be made via the TAC chat function on the public website for customers without paid support, or any method preferred (chat, email, or phone) for warranty or upgraded support customers. When the TAC receives your request, a Support representative will work with you to troubleshoot the issue reported. Should the problem require returning a Net Optics product, you will be issued an RMA number. The actual return process is simple:
- Return the unit within 30 days of receiving the RMA, clearly marking the RMA number on the outside of the box. (Products returned to Net Optics without a valid RMA number will be returned at the customer's expense)
- Email the package tracking number to: email@example.com
- Upon our receipt of the product, we will provide resolution status within three (3) business days
- A Failure Analysis Report will be included in your return shipment and will detail how we resolved the problem with your returned item
For customers with Enhanced or Enterprise level support plans, and for certain other situations (for example, products failing within 30 days of order) Net Optics may choose to advance replace the product
- An AR Authorization form must be completed and secured with a purchase order or credit card. Your PO will not be executed nor credit card charged, provided the failed or damaged equipment is returned to Net Optics within 30 days.
- A replacement unit will be sent prior to the faulty unit being returned
- Install the replacement unit and confirm that the issue has been resolved
- Package the faulty unit (in the shipping materials provided with the replacement) and return it to Net Optics
- Reference the RMA number on the outside of the package
Return the product within 30 days to:
Net Optics, Inc.
5303 Betsy Ross Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
Attn: RMA No. XXXXXX
- Failure to return the product within the allowed time will result in billing for the full product price using the payment method outlined in the AR Authorization form