End-of-Sale / End-of-Life Policy
Products reach the end of their Life Cycle for a variety of reasons. These may include new market demands, developmental changes in the product, or simply that products mature over time and are replaced by functionally superior innovations.
While this is an established component of an overall products life cycle, we recognize that end-of-life milestones often prompt companies to review the impact our products might have in their network. It is our goal to always listen to our customers needs and help them make the right decisions to better manage their transition related to end-of-life products. We understand that we must play a role in helping to migrate to alternative platforms and technology.
This End of Sale (EoS) / End of Life (EoL) Policy only applies to announcements made on or after May 1, 2007 for all product families. The Policy does not apply to products that were previously subject to an EoL and/or a Discontinued Product announcement.
The policy guidelines are:
- 1. As a general rule, we will provide 3 months' notice of the affected product's EoL / EoS date and/or the last day when the affected product can be ordered. This notice will appear on the EoS \ EoL Product List and we encourage you to visit this site regularly as it contains useful information.
- Access to Technical Support will be available during the business hours of 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Pacific Time, for a period of 3 years from the EoS date for hardware and software related issues.
Support for discontinued products:
- Hardware Support will be provided for one year after the EoS date and will be fulfilled in accordance with the current RMA Process. Products requiring service must be under a valid warranty agreement. In the event a product cannot be repaired, we may at our discretion exercise the option to provide a replacement product of equal functionality.
- Phone Support will be available for a period of three (3) years from the EoS date.
- Support for firmware related software would be available for the first year following the EoS date. We will provide maintenance releases, workarounds, or patches.
- Application software will be supported through maintenance releases, workarounds or patches for a period of 6 months. After 6 months it may be necessary to use a new software release to correct a reported problem.
- You will need to ensure that you have a current and fully paid Maintenance Plan. For more information, please contact your Customer Service Representative or review our Maintenance Plan web page.
Below are guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected products within your network:
- Maintenance Plans that have not been renewed or have lapsed beyond the EoS date are not renewable. Customers seeking repairs on out-of-warranty products will be subject to our time and materials RMA process.
- We will offer a time and material RMA process whereby we charge the customer for diagnostic and repair fees. All time and material RMAs require pre-payment of services requested.
- All product returns require pre-authorization from our Technical Support department. This may include troubleshooting the product to determine next steps. Please have your serial number and Maintenance Plan registration number available when contacting our Technical Support department.
Explanation of terms that we have used in this notice:
End-of-Life (EoL): A process that guides the final business operations associated with a products life cycle. The EoL process consists of a series of technical and business milestones and activities that, once completed, make a product obsolete. Once obsolete, the product is not sold, manufactured, improved, repaired, maintained, or supported.
End-of-Sale (EoS) Date: The last date to order the product through any sales channels. The product is no longer for sale.
Hardware: The physical product and its physical components.
Application Software: Net Optics software that requires installation on non-Net Optics platforms.
Manufacturers Warranty: Net Optics, Inc. warrants its products to be in good working order for a period of one year from the date of purchase from Net Optics or an authorized Net Optics reseller.
Maintenance Plan: A plan that extends the benefits of Net Optics Manufacturer's Warranty, covering both parts and service. Depending on the plan level, the benefits of the plan can extend beyond the Manufacturer's Warranty.