A European friend is now performing is first implementation in the US and as such is starting to “discover” the differences between T1 and E1. Being such a nice person (what are friends for), here’s a short reminder:
- A T1 line is a pure digital line.
- The T1 line can handle 24 simultaneous voice calls.
- A T1 line can handle a high speed Internet connection speed of 1.544 Mbps.
- Or, as an integrated service it can handle a combination of fewer voice calls with some bandwidth given to Internet connections.
- A T3 line is also a pure digital line. It is the equivalent of 28 T1 lines or 672 POTS lines.
- A T3 line can handle 672 simultaneous voice calls or provide a high speed Internet connection of 44.736 Mbps.